- Review all links.
- Write your Reflection (5 points) on ALL 3 topics listed below.
- Your reflection should be equivalent to a 2-3-pages, single–spaced (9-10 paragraphs with a minimum of 150 words per paragraph) – it is OK to write more.
Reflect on ALL 3 topics
1. John Gottman
- Considering John Gottman’s Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse, define and give examples of 1) criticism, 2) contempt, 3) defensiveness, and 4) stonewalling. On which ones you do well? Do you straggle with some of these in your relationships? Were you are in a relationship when your partner was critical, contemptuous, defensive, or was a stonewaller?
- Considering House of Sound Relationships, define and give examples of 1) building a love map, 2) building the fondness and admiration system, 3) turning toward, 4) create a sense of shared meaning. Reflect on these concepts in your life and your own relationships.
- Please include overall conclusion or critic on John Gottman research.
2. Relational Dialects Theory
Describe and explain key propositions of this theory. Reflect on how this theory may apply to your life. Find an academic article that discusses relationship conflict between people who are high or low on:
autonomy vs connection
predictability vs novelty
privacy vs transparency
Summarize and/or critique the article. How does this apply to your life?
Please include overall conclusion or critic on this theory.
3. Interdependence Theory
Describe and explain key propositions of this theory. Reflect on how this theory may apply to your life.Referring to the interdependence theory, indicate 3 costs and 3 rewards that you have on your “list” for a partner.
Provide a clear definition in a behavioral terms of 3 items from that list.
Give examples from your life on how “costs” and “rewards” were linked to a stability and satisfaction of your relationship? Please include overall conclusion or critic on this theory.