This writing assignment provides you with practical experience in reporting calculated data using a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). MOUs are common, both domestically and abroad. They vary in length and complexity, but each MOU represents mutually accepted expectations between people, organizations or governments.
An MOU should:
- Clearly outline specific points of understanding.
- Describe who the parties are and the project for which they are agreeing.
During Day 1 of the Airshow, an emergency required the launch of an additional sortie for the KC-135. Because members of your team were already on board, they recorded an additional aircraft data point of 10.71. Use the spreadsheet that you created for the Module 2 – Discussion: Airshow Day 1: Mean and Standard Deviation to:
- Calculate the new KC-135 Mean and Standard Deviation for eleven sorties.
- Determine the impact (if any) Sortie 11 has on the original ten KC-135 sortie mean and standard deviation calculated values.
Report the Winner
Now that you have all of the data, report the Day 1 Winner and the KC 135 Sortie 11 results. The winner is the aircraft type scoring 1) the highest mean and then 2) the lowest standard deviation (in the event of a tie). Report the winner and the KC 135 Sortie 11 results in a Memorandum of Understanding document. Your document should be a maximum of one page with one-inch margins using 11 point font and consist of only the following three paragraphs:
- Introduction – Prepare the audience for what he/she is about to read.
- Results – The facts.
- Conclusion(s) – Results are fact(s) based, concise and to the point; actionable.
Review the Writing Suggestions page for tips. Use this format for your document:
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
TO: 97th AMW – USAF
FROM: Your Name
DATE: Add Assignment Due Date
SUBJECT: Determined by Student