Week 4: Principles of Teaching & Learning
Example of learning objectives related to a nursing course for each of the six categories of cognitive skills using Bloom’s taxonomy:
- Define the term “pathophysiology” and describe its importance in nursing practice.
- Describe the difference between type 1 diabetes and type 2.
- Explain how to administer insulin injections for type 1 diabetic patients.
- Examine the pathophysiological factors that lead to heart failure.
- Create a plan of care for patients with chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD). It should include interventions that improve the patient’s respiratory function as well as prevent aggravations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different pain management strategies for patients with chronic pain and recommend appropriate interventions based on the patient’s response to treatment.
- You did a wonderful job of developing clear learning objectives that are measurable for each level of cognitive skills. These objectives relate to nurses and are relevant to each level of cognition skills.
- It would be useful to list the possible interventions in the COPD care plan, including breathing exercises and bronchodilator use.