Week 3 discussion pharmacology | Nursing homework help
- Other subjective and objective information is required:
- To assess for any conditions or medication that could affect treatment, past medical history
- The severity and duration of the symptoms
- Other symptoms such as chest pain, breathlessness, or wheezing may be present.
- An allergy history is needed to determine whether there are any medication allergies.
- Smoking history
- Treatment of Mr. JD’s cold: Based on the information provided, it appears that Mr. JD may have a bacterial sinus infection. Although the final decision on whether to treat is ultimately up to your healthcare provider, treatment might be recommended if you have symptoms that last more than 7-10 days and if they interfere with your everyday activities.
- Prescription for Mr. JD’s bacterial sinus infection:
- Types of antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action: Blocks bacteria growth and replication
- Oral Route
- Half-life: It varies depending on what medication was prescribed
- Metabolism and elimination: It all depends on what medication was prescribed.
- Warnings about black boxes: These vary depending on which medication is being used
It’s important to note that the specific medication, dose, and duration of treatment will depend on various factors, such as the severity and duration of symptoms, patient’s medical history, and potential drug interactions. Only licensed healthcare providers can prescribe medication and recommend the best treatment.