Deliverable 1 – report to ceo
My role as Human Resources Director at a global company is one that includes evaluating and making recommendations about diversity in the workplace. This task will be focused on race and ethnicity diversity.
Race and ethnicity diversity is an important area for any organization to address because it can impact the company’s ability to attract and retain a diverse workforce, which can lead to better decision-making, increased innovation, and a better understanding of diverse customer needs.
In order to begin, I recommend that the company conduct a survey across the entire organization. This will allow me to assess the state of the diversity and race within the workplace. The survey should collect data on the demographics of the company’s workforce, including the percentage of employees who identify as people of color and the representation of different racial and ethnic groups at different levels of the organization. Also, the survey must collect information on employees of different races and ethnicities, such as instances of bias or discrimination.
Based on my survey results, the following recommendations would be made to increase the diversity of race and ethnicity within an organization
- Establish a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan (DEI): An organization must develop a DEI plan. This will include specific goals and strategies that address racial and cultural diversity. This plan must be developed in collaboration with employees of different races and ethnicities.
- Targeted Recruitment: To attract more qualified candidates, the organization must increase its recruitment efforts. To reach more people, it could be possible to partner with minority-focused organizations such as professional associations and community groups.
- Enhance Employee Training and Development This training must cover subjects such as cultural competency and unconscious bias. It should also include effective communication across all cultures.
- To provide safe spaces for employees of different races and backgrounds to network and exchange experiences, establish Employee Resource Groups. ERGs are also a way to help identify problems and potential improvement opportunities within an organization.
- To monitor progress towards diversity goals, the organization must conduct periodic diversity audits. This audit will include a review and analysis of current HR practices and policies to make sure they are fair and inclusive.
A comprehensive approach to improving the diversity of race and ethnicity within an organisation requires data collection, goal setting and specific strategies for recruiting, training, development, and retention. Organizations can foster a culture of inclusion that encourages diversity and keeps employees engaged by having a solid DEI plan.