Nurs 6221 | NURS 6221 – Managing Human Resources | Walden University
Job Description: I am a Nurse Practitioner (NP), in Primary Care Settings.
- Offer primary care to patients. This includes family medicine, general children’s medicine, and general intern medicine.
- Perform patient assessments and diagnose illnesses. Develop treatment plans.
- Diagnostic tests and procedures are ordered, interpreted and accepted
- If necessary, prescribing medications or therapies
- Education of patients about disease prevention and treatment
- Collaboration with healthcare professionals is key to ensuring coordinated care
Competencies and KSAOs
- Valid state NP License and Certification
- Primary care requires strong clinical skills and knowledge.
- To build trust with team members as well as patients, you need to have excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities.
- Abilities to work alone and make good clinical decisions
- Expertise in the use of electronic health records (EHRs).
- Understanding insurance policies and how to get reimbursed
- Able to keep up with the most recent developments in healthcare.
Assessment of candidate fit: Candidates will be assessed for technical competences through a structured interview, a clinical skills assessment and case studies. To evaluate fit with the organization’s culture and values, a behavioral interview will be conducted to assess the candidate’s communication style, teamwork approach, and alignment with the organization’s mission and values.
Enhancing the Job Description Additionally, the job description could highlight any unique aspects of the organization’s culture or approach to care to attract candidates who share similar values.