Help with homework in nursing| Nursing homework help
1. Establish a solid understanding of why the patient was cut and any possible underlying causes. Encourage open dialogue about the patient’s mental health, including topics such as depression, anxiety, previous trauma, peer pressure, etc.
2. Family members such as siblings, or close friends should learn how to spot signs of distress and what to do when these occur (i.e. speaking out instead of trying to intervene).
3. If necessary, provide resources and referrals to additional support like specialized counseling or therapy services either within the school or externally.
4. Develop coping methods and self-care techniques that an individual can use to cope with distress. This can include activities such as journaling and physical activity.
5. To ensure family members are up to date on changes in mood/behavior, it is important that they plan regular check-ins. If there are any high-risk behaviors discovered during the check-ins and require further attention by professionals right away, this will include setting up an emergency procedure.