Role and scope | Nursing homework help
1. Pain management – Assess and evaluate the patient’s pain level, provide effective pain relief as needed and promote comfort measures.
2. Fluid balance and hydration – Monitor intake/output balance, ensure proper hydration through oral or IV fluids, provide nutrition support as needed.
3. Infection control – Prevent cross-contamination through frequent hand washing and sanitation of surfaces; practice skin care to limit risk of infection; monitor vital signs for signs of infection such as fever or elevated white blood cell count.
4. Skin integrity – Inspect skin condition regularly for signs of pressure ulcers, wounds or areas prone to injury; implement wound care treatments as prescribed by physician; administer medications to prevent skin breakdown (e.g., topical creams).
5. Mobility – Evaluate patient’s range of motion in all joints daily; assist with physical therapy exercises and activities that help improve mobility; introduce adaptive equipment when necessary (e .g., walkers).
6. Medication Management – Administer medication according to physician orders; assess for adverse reactions or drug interactions; monitor effectiveness against desired outcomes (e..g., improvement in sleep quality); educate patient on proper dosage schedules and potential side effects associated with each medication taken..
7. Fall prevention – Implement strategies such as bedside alarms, lowered beds and non-skid mats to eliminate risk factors associated with falling; perform regular safety checks throughout the day to identify possible hazards while moving within the facility environment including floors that may be slippery from water leakage or spills from other sources .
8 Mental Status Assessment – Evaluate mental status on a regular basis by observing communication patterns for any changes in alertness levels ; also evaluate cognitive functioning ability by observing memory recall , problem solving ability , judgment & decision making skills . 9.Environmental Safety– Ensure safe environmental conditions in terms of temperature control , lighting intensity , noise levels etc… that are conducive to providing restorative nursing care .
10. Emotional Support– Provide emotional support & positive reinforcement throughout the plan of care journey . Show empathy & compassion towards patients’ feelings & honor their personal preferences whenever applicable.