Rasmussen College System: Assessment of a 69-year-old man suffering from raspy cough| assessment | Rasmussen College System
Are there any other questions the nurse should ask regarding the cough?
– How long have you had this cough?
– Have you noticed any changes in your breathing or chest pain with the cough?
– Are there any triggers that make your cough worse such as dust, smoke, certain foods, etc.?
– Is it dry or productive (with mucus)?
Create a list of problems based on the objective and subjective information.
– Upper respiratory tract infection
– Coughing with green phlegm and runny nose
– Sore throat with pain on swallowing
– Fatigue – Hypertension (HTN) – Diabetes Mellitus (DM)
Are there any risk factors associated with this group of people?
Risk factors associated with this age group include an increased risk for chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus, cardiac conditions such coronary artery disease and stroke due reduced body’s ability naturally control blood pressure efficiently due aging process itself(Brown et al.,2018).Additionally those within geriatric population may also experience advanced fatigue sensations due amenorrhea thus being overly conscious of restorative sleep patterns(Espinoza et al., 2019). Healthcare professionals must develop individual plans for care that include healthy lifestyle choices and regular screenings to reduce the number of chronic diseases seen in those 65+.
Brown H., Harvey J., Pullar T.(2018), Comprehensive Care For The Elderly A Guide To Primary Care Retrieved Fromhttps://lpubmedcentralpmccarticles4727104
Espinoza E., Moreno L., Villalpando S.(2019), Physical Activity Among Mexican Older Adults Prevalence And Associated FactorsRetrieved From https://wwwpubmedcentralncbipmcarticlesPMC6888102