- Three stores of the major supermarket chain’s southeastern section have low customer satisfaction and sales.
- If you can, explain that development and training are possible to solve these issues.
- Highlight the major points of the presentation.
Evaluation of Organizational Competitivity
- Explain that to develop an effective organizational development strategy, it is important to assess the organization’s competitiveness over the next ten years.
- Show how supermarket chains compare to their competitors on sales, customer satisfaction, employee retention, etc.
- Discuss potential external factors that may impact the organization’s competitiveness.
Recognizing Potential Gaps in Organizational Efficiency
- Talk about how poor sales and customer satisfaction are indicators of organizational failure.
- Explain why staffing could be contributing to the gaps.
Recognizing Employee Needs
- Explain how identifying the needs of employees is essential in creating an organizational development plan that will improve organizational effectiveness.
- These are the major issues employees might face in these three shops.
- Describe how surveys, focus group discussions, interviews can help identify employee needs.
Organizational Development Strategy
- Develop an organizational strategy to address the employee needs and the company’s.
- Describe how this strategy will improve your organization’s effectiveness.
- Explain how formal education programs can help employees acquire new skills and knowledge that can help improve their performance and contribute to the organization’s competitiveness.
- Give an example of how a formal education program can be used in the store and describe how it could improve organizational efficiency.
Learning on-the job
- How on-the job training can be used to help employees learn new skills that match their jobs.
- Explain the benefits of an effective on-the job training program in your store.
- Disclose how employees can take on additional challenges and learn new skills through special assignments.
- Give an example to show how a store can implement a special assignment program and discuss the benefits for organizational effectiveness.
- You can explain how mentorship models help employees to learn from their more senior colleagues, gain insight into their jobs and improve the company.
- Give an example of how a mentorship program can be used in the store and describe how it leads to greater organizational effectiveness.
- The benefits of coaching for employees include improved performance, new skill development and increased productivity.
- If you can, give an example of a coaching program for stores. Then explain why this will improve organizational efficiency.
Career Planning and Development
- Explain how career planning, development programs and other tools can assist employees in advancing their careers.
- Give an example of how a program for career development and planning can be used in the store and describe how it could improve organizational efficiency.
Employer Career Development: Organizational Best Practices
- Explain how job rotation and job shadowing can be used to help employees grow their career within an organization.
- Give an example of how an organization practice can be applied in the store and describe how it leads to greater organizational effectiveness.