To: Union Leaders and Supervisors From: [Your name]Date for the Union Representative: [Date] Re: I need specific information, policies and procedures regarding my new role as a union representative
Ask: To be the union representative of the future [Company name]To represent our members’ best interests, I pledge to do my very best. For me to be effective in my job as a union representative, I ask for copies of the policies and procedures related to this role:
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Grievance processes
- Safety and Health Policies
- Policy on sexual harassment and discrimination
- Procedures for filing grievances and disputes
- Bylaws of the Union
- Minutes of past union meetings
- All other pertinent documents, policies, or procedures
I need these documents to help me understand how the union is doing and be able work effectively. These documents are important to me and I’d like to speak with you as soon as possible.
Your cooperation in providing these documents is greatly appreciated. In the future, I hope to work with you often to further the interests of union members.
[Your name] Representative of the Union