You will first need to prepare a postgraduation budget using Excel. The budget will include an estimate for your future income and the estimated expenses you’ll incur. Rent, student loans, cell phone plans, car payments and insurance are just a few examples of the expenses you could include.
You will have to analyze your Excel budget once you have it created. These questions should be answered in full sentences during your evaluation.
- Do I live within my means Is my income sufficient to cover my expenses Are my income and expenses covered?
- Can I be financially independent of my family?
- What about an emergency fund?
- How much am I planning to put aside for retirement and what are my financial goals?
- Are you able to give financially to other people?
These questions will help you determine if your income can cover your expenses and if you have sufficient savings to deal with unexpected costs or emergency situations. You also need to consider how much you’re saving for retirement.
Not all assignments require APA format. However, you must still follow academic writing guidelines and use APA formatting. The Student Success Center has the APA Style Guide.
To ensure you are familiar with the expected outcomes, make sure to read the rubric before starting this assignment.